Wednesday, June 2, 2010

First day in Uganda!

Got to Entebbe last night. Uneventful flight. Met up with a couple of other girls from the program and we went to a hotel. Nice hotel until I woke up in the middle of the night with PINK EYE. Yes. I have to be the unluckiest person in the world. Conjunctivitis! Luckily I had some prescription eye drops that I bought before leaving, so it's going away. But ew.

Got picked up at our hotel this morning and met up with other people from the group at our hotel in Kampala that will be our home for the next few days. Exciting! Not everyone is here yet but it seems like a pretty chill group. Still waiting on a few more people that should be arriving later on today, but so far so good!

We'll be staying in Kampala for the next few days, and on Sunday going up to Gulu for our homestays for 10 days-ish. I can't wait to meet my Ugandan family! We'll also find out our detailed itinerary tonight. I can't wait1 I'm so excited for this to truly begin!

I can't wait to discover Uganda, learn some of the language, meet some of the people, and truly experience this.
The traffic in Kampala is crazy. I love it.

Rumor has it we may get to slaughter some chickens in the north. Get excited. Knowing my luck it'll probably attack me. Or give me pink eye. Meh. Gotta toughen me up a little.

Hope everyone else's adventures are going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment