Tuesday, June 1, 2010

J -1

"You leave your home secure in your knowledge and identity. But as you travel, the world in all its richness intervenes." - Kent Nerburn

Tomorrow is my big departure. By tomorrow I mean it's already 3am and I'm still putting the finishing touches on my backpack, while getting my last minute fill of tomatoes, and asking myself why I am incapable of a) packing light and b) getting my crap done before the absolute last minute.

I know I haven't been able to see many people while I've been back. It's been crazy trying to get everything organized in such a short period of time, and trying to coordinate everyone's schedules. Sorry to anyone I may have missed, but I'll be back soon enough. You won't even realize I was away :)

I can't believe that this time tomorrow I'll be in Uganda!

What is my life. This is crazy. Uganda. Rwanda. India. Nepal.

Pinch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment